Featured Pages Tilly Shilling, Engineer She Made the Merlins Sing
Manx 30MKrieger-Gnadig First German Shaft Drive Motorcycles
KG (EN & ES)Humber WC HO Twins Advanced Machines of Edwardian Era
Chase were motorcycles produced from 1903 to 1906.
The machines were built by successful bicycle racing brothers, A. A. and F. W. Chase of Anerley, London.
1903 With their comprehensive knowledge of all types of motorised machines, the brothers went into business to produce a motorcycle that was typical of the era. Engines were vertically mounted and included 2¾ hp and 3½ hp MMC or 2½ hp and 3hp Ariel.
1904 Power increased to 4hp, and they added magneto ignition to some machines. They also offered a forecar with air scoops to aid engine cooling.
1905 A racing model with a 6hp engine was listed, along with a 7hp twin-cylinder forecar with fan cooling.
1906 Was their last year of listing.
A correspondend writes: The Chase brothers were leading bicycle racers of the day who built a limited
number of motorcycles using Minerva, MMC and Precision engines.