Fowler and Bingham of Coventry Road, Hay Mills, Birmingham
The Wizard was a motorcycle produced in 1914. This model was fitted
with the 269cc Villiers
engine, Albion two-speed gearbox or fixed gear, belt drive and Druid
forks. In this form it was only listed for a few months.
The FB were motorcycles produced from 1913 to 1922.
1913 Late that year the company introduced their 411cc two-stroke engine.
It had a one-piece crankshaft and a connecting rod with a split plain big-end,
a deflector piston and one-piece cylinder and head. The intended lubrication
system was to be pressure-fed, but petroil was used on test.
1914 The model was fitted with a 269cc Villiers
engine, belt-final drive and Druid
forks. For that year only, both single- and two-speed models were listed
as the Wizard.
The onset of war in 1914 brought production to a close, but the FB
name did appear post-war, on the small two-stroke that was available for
a few years.