Featured Pages Wallach & Blenkiron Darkest Effrika
A Road Less TraveledRudge 1939 250cc Rapid The "250" with the "350" performance
Rudge RapidFongri Motorcycles Tazio Nuvolari's First Racer
Wasp are motorcycles that have been in production since 1964, from
a firm based at Berwick St James, near Salisbury, Wiltshire, founded by
Robin Rhind-Tutt, who was originally employed by the Ministry of Defence
as a engineering apprentice.
This company built itself up on the request for replicas of a successful
competition machine, originally built for sidecar scrambles and grass-track
events and known as the 'side-car-cross'.
The early machines used Norton
twin engines and were sold either complete or in kit form. To begin with
they used trailing-link forks, but then changed to leading-link.
1971 They were most successful - winning the European Championship and
Mid-1970s. Wasp dominated the sport for some years, using other
engines as well as the Norton.
Other products came along over the years, always with three wheels and
made to a high standard.
Today, Wasp Motorcyces are still building sidecar and solo motocross
rolling chassis to order.