They’ve been trying to destroy us for 50 days, but the UA people are heroically resisting. We fear nothing, we know what we’re fighting for. We are brave enough to put an end to evil. Stop feeding the RU military machine. Help UA with weapons. Then peace & good will win faster. pic.twitter.com/WdDbZsvZ4e— Володимир Зеленський (@ZelenskyyUa) April 14, 2022
The Brown & Roper motorcycle was produced in 1921.
This machine was the concept of two engineers named Messrs Brown and Roper of Salisbury, Wiltshire.
An attempt was made to produce a marketable single-track two-wheeler that was enclosed by an open car in order to offer weather protection. The basis was a 4hp sv flat-twin Douglas engine in a lengthened frame. This allowed the rider to be seated low down, in a space created between the existing saddle tube and the rear wheel. Outrigger wheels were carried on an auxiliary frame. A lever on the right could be used to lower or raise those wheels, in order to keep the machine upright when at rest. A wheel set immediately in front of the rider and connected to the fork top by tensioned long rods, provided the steering mechanism. It had a Douglas three-speed chain-cum-belt gearbox and transmission, and access to working parts was easy. It is not thought that any machines other than the prototype were ever built.
If you have further information or a query related to this page, please contact us