Manufactured from 1900 to 1904 by Lion Cycle Company, 267 London Road, South Lowestoft, Suffolk. Owners were Thomas Pinnell and Anne Maria Pinnell.
In 1900 the firm built a forecar powered by a 2.¾ h.p. De Dion engine. The machine was named the Lion Convertible, as the forecar could be detached and replaced with a conventional motorcycle front end. It is likely that they also marketed the solo version.
N.B. There was also a Lion Bicycle Company in Coventry in the 1880s.
Sources: Graces Guide; 3-wheelers.com.