British

The Lawson Motorcycle of 1948

Sackville, Beach Road, Sparkhill, Birmingham

Manufacturers and suppliers in Great Britain.

1937 Aeroplane accessory manufacturers.

The Lawson motorcycle was built in 1948 by Alec Lawson, a supplier of accessories to the trade, of the Sackville company in Sparkhill, Birmingham.

The machine was a special based on a Ner-A-Car of the 1920s, but differing in the length of the frame, which had been extended by about 5 inches/12cm. The body was in aluminium, it had out-rigger wheels, twin headlamps, a windscreen, fascia for the instruments and an intricate exhaust system. The engine, designed and built by Scottish engineer John Haythorn, was a 288cc air-cooled in-line ohc four which had a three-speed gearbox bolted directly to it, with a bevel drive for the rear chain.

There was never any intention to market it.

Source: Graces Guide


If you have further information or a query related to this page, please contact us


Euromaidan Press
Verified ways to Help Ukraine
A list of over 30 legitimate organizations which accept donations.
Euromaidan Press