These were Laurin & Klement machines built under licence at the Seidel & Naumann typewriter factory in Dresden, which had built bicycles since about 1892. Models included singles and V-twins from 2½ to 6hp.
It seems the motorcycles and tricars including commercial utilities were marketed under both the Laurin & Klement and Germania names, and also as S & N. This latter marque may have been built at the Germania factory in Jungbunzlau (now Czechia) which produced Erika typewriters.
Seidel left the company in 1876. Naumann had planned to build his own motorcycles but he died 1903. Production of the licenced L & K machines ceased in 1908.
An example of the S & N is in the collection of the Chemnitz museum.
In 1905 the firm produced an automobile, model 34/40 hp.
Sources: Tragatsch p144 and p275; lestricars.es.tl
If you have a query or information about these motorcycles, please contact us
Triumph, BMW, & Kawasaki Sales Spares & Repairs.
Established for over 40 years and run by expert motorcyclists.
Fully authorised workshop.