Triumph, BMW, & Kawasaki Sales Spares & Repairs.
Established for over 40 years and run by expert motorcyclists.
Fully authorised workshop.
Manufactured at 24 Ronda de Toledo St, Madrid, and later in Barcelona, 1959 to 1974.
Makowiecky, the owner, was an aeronautical engineer of Polish origin and Jewish heritage who fled France when the Germans invaded, and in Spain worked at the AISA aircraft factory before establishing his own business. At AISA he was responsible for the design, construction and testing of the Aisa AVD 12 aeroplane.
His firm produced commercial tricycles (motocarro) with enclosed cabins and typical microcar controls. These were powered by a LEW 250cc two-stroke engine which was closely based on the DKW design and had a differential sourced from the Fiat Topolino.
After Rondine failed in 1957, Trimak took over their premises. Indications are that in 1958 Trimak produced motorcycles fitted with a 250cc engine which delivered up to 14 horsepower, and that this was a Rondine engine.
In 1967 the company went bankrupt, creditors took control of the company, and production was transfered to Barcelona. Manufacture resumed, with the LEW engine replaced with that of the Seat 600.
Sources: Wikipedia, all-andorra.com, Autopasion18.com, et al
If you have a query or information about these motorcycles please contact us