A Brief History of the Marque
Motor- und Fahrradwerke Bleha GmbH,
The name Bleha is formed from the names of the founders, Daniel Blecher and Karl Haardt, who built a DKW-engined motorcycle in 1923. Some 250 of these machines were produced prior to Blecher's death in 1925. The company was then renamed R.M.W. Ruhrtal-Motorradwerke G.m.b.H (RMW) and went on to produce machines of that name, adding the Phoenix marque in 1933.
Sources: GTU Oldtimerservice