They’ve been trying to destroy us for 50 days, but the UA people are heroically resisting. We fear nothing, we know what we’re fighting for. We are brave enough to put an end to evil. Stop feeding the RU military machine. Help UA with weapons. Then peace & good will win faster. pic.twitter.com/WdDbZsvZ4e— Володимир Зеленський (@ZelenskyyUa) April 14, 2022
Saint l'Aumône near Pontoise (1901)
10 rue Bellini Puteaux and 3 boulevard du Montparnasse, Paris (1907)
Motorcycles built by the De La Chapelle brothers, associated with Rochet.
In October 1901, four Chapelle Motocyclettes competed in the CritÃ©rium des Motocyclettes 100 km motorcycle race at the Parc-des-Princes in Paris, with Cissac finishing first in his class. The engine of his machine was rated at 3 hp, with a total weight of 63.8 kg.
It appears they built a shaft-drive motorcycle in 1902 which was marketed by the Métropole company.
Also known as Chapelle & Chevalier
In 1902 they were sold in the UK by United Motor Industries of Great Castle Street, London, W.
Centre national de réception des véhicules (CNRV) states "(..1890..), cycles & machine a coudre . Fournisseurv de l'armée. Fabrication 19 Boulevard d'Alsace à Lorraine au Perreux - Val de Marne"
See also Stimula
Sources: Bourdache (pp 114, 115, 133), advertisement in Motor Cycling 1902, de.wikipedia.org.
If you have a query or information about these veteran French motocyclettes please contact us