French Mopeds of the 1950s
With offices at 89 rue des Poissonniers, Paris, the machines were manufactured by brothers Paul and André Cointot (sons of Marcel, who began the business).
This is an early Ducati Cucciolo cyclemotor which, like all French Cucciolos were bespoke creations, top-of-the-range mopeds with limited production.
With its integral petrol tank, the Cointot Freres machine is particularly attractive.
1953 CM 504 model was built between 1953 and 1954 using the T50 Cucciolo engine with a Zenith MS10 carburettor.
The engine supplied by M. Rocher who licensed a limited number of bicycle manufacturers to fit them to their machines.
Sources: Phil Aynsley, et al