A Brief History of the Marque
The Società Motori Deca was founded in 1955 in Borgo Piave di Latina, 70km south of Rome. They built a 48cc four-stroke moped (ciclomotore) and a 100cc four-stroke twin with four-speed gearbox.
In 1957 the 100cc model was joined by a 125 - these four-stroke twins were created by joining two smaller engines together. They had a four-speed gearbox and suspension front and rear.
MOTO DE-CA 48 SPORT
Engine: Single cylinder 4-stroke OHV
Bore & stroke: 39 x 40 mm
Engine Capacity: 48cc
Maximum power: 2.2 bhp [HP] @ 5,800 rpm
Valves per cylinder: 2
Carburettor: Dell O'rto
Cooling system: Air cooled
Lubrication: Wet sump forced circulation with mechanical gear pump
Transmission: Gear primary, chain final
Clutch: Cable operated with multiple wet disk
Gearbox: Manual 3-speed, gear shift
Throttle: Cable operated
Frame type: Open cradle tubular and pressed steel
Front Suspension: Telescopic fork and shock absorbers
Rear Suspension: Swingarm with hydraulic shock absorbers
Brakes: Drum F & R.
Tyres: 2.00 x 18 Front and Rear
Seat: Dual seat
Fuel consumption: 1 litre per 78 km
Top speed: 62 km/h (38.52 mph)
Sources: MC Storico Conti, Tragatsch p113, Hessink's Auctioneers Nederlands, et al.
If you have a query or information about Deca motorcycles please contact us