A Brief History of the Marque
1919-1920. Based at Rue de Ridder in Paris, the firm of Charles Combes built a cycle attachment engine, an OHV four-stroke of 118cc and later 143cc, which was integral with a rear wheel which replaced the original. The kit included a 3 litre oil & fuel tank. An example of the motorwheel was part of the famed Guélon Collection.
Lumen also built a complete scooter using the same system. It had floorpan, a wicker seat and rather long handlebars.
Scooters were represented only by the Lumen, a neat little power unit which is made in a form applicable to attachment to pedal cycles.
A small overhead valve motor of 55 X 50 mm. is attached to the rear forks in such a manner that the crankshaft passes through the hub, the flywheel being on the opposite side to the engine. The drive is through an epicyclic gear.
A circular magneto is used for ignition purposes, and in the case of the cycle attachment, both oil and petrol tank form part of the rear mudguard.
The Motor Cycle, October 1919
Triumph, BMW, & Kawasaki Sales Spares & Repairs.
Established for over 40 years and run by expert motorcyclists.
Fully authorised workshop.