A Brief History of the Marque
Manufactured in Solingen by Patria-WKC 1925-1952
A descendant of an ancient German arms manufacturer, Weyersberg, Kirschbaum & Cie., WKC was well established as a bicycle manufacturer selling some 100,000 units annually when they built their first motorcycles with 250 and 350 Roconova single-cylinder engines. Production halted in 1927, and the huge firm fell into bankruptcy in 1930.
Hans A May purchased the business and by 1931 they were building bicycles again, along with motorised bicycles powered by 74cc Sachs engines. These were available in Lady's, Gents and trade carrier version. May died in 1950, but production continued with a variety of models using 50cc, 98cc, 125cc and 150cc engines from Sachs and JLO.
Production ended in 1952 and the business failed in 1953.
The brand re-appeared in 1955 under new ownership, producing mopeds in Beckum using Sachs, JLO and Zundapp engines. A 49cc Sachs model was sold in the UK by Curry's in 1956.
The firm is unrelated to the famous Spanish marque of the same name.
Source: GTU Oldtimerservice, icenicam.org.uk, wikipedia.de