emu
Czech Motorcycles

Perun Motorcycles 1906-1926

Manufactured by Josef Žďárský (Zdarsky), Podoli (near Praque) 1906-1926

Built 3.5hp singles and 4.5hp v-twins powered probably by Fafnir engines, and possibly used Sturmey Archer gearboxes.

After WWI they also built bicycle attachment engines.

Perun 1909 3 HP, 454cc, 70 km/h max speed, weight 67 kg.

One machine survives and has been displayed at Svijany Castle. Around 60 to 80 motorcycles were produced. The marque is mentioned in a book on Czech motorcycles by Libor Marčík.

The same firm built the Vulcan.


Josef Ždárský Podolí u Svijan 1906-1926

Po okončení výroby motocyklů "Vulkan" , která bratranci Josef a František Ždárští provozovali v Turnově v letech 1904-1906 se Josef Ždárský pustil do stavby motocyklů ve své nové firmě v Podolí . Motocykly pojmenoval "Perun" podle božstva hromů a blesků ze slovanské mytologie . Byly konstrukčně odvozené od starších Vulkánů a vyráběly se až do konce první světové války bez podstatnějších změn .

Motory s pevnou hlavou válce se dodávaly s objemem 327ccm a nebo 454ccm o výkonu 2.2 - 2.6 KW .

Motocykly byly předvedené na výstavách v Praze a Vídni . Na závodech do vrchu Riederberg jezdec Justernitz obsadil v silné konkurenci druhé místo . Do roku 1918 se vyrobilo odhadem 60 motocyklů . Po válce se kromě motocyklů s dvouválcovým motorem o výkonu 3.7KW dodávaly také pomocné motory s výkonem 1KW určené na montáž do běžných biciklů . Ždárského firma se v dobách slabšího zájmu o motocykly živila opravováním motorových vozidel a prodejem pohonných hmot .Takto existovala také po zastavení výroby motocyklů až do roku 1944 .


  • Josef Zdarsky Podoli u Svijan 1906-1926

    When production of "Vulkan" motorcycles ended, produced by cousins ​​Josef and František Ždárští in Turnov in 1904-1906, Josef Ždárský began motorcycle construction with his new company in Podolí. He named the motorcycles "Perun" after the god of thunder and lightning from Slavic mythology. They were structurally derived from the older Vulcans and were manufactured until the end of the First World War without major changes.

    Fixed cylinder engines were supplied with a capacity of 327cc or 454cc with a power of 2.2 - 2.6 KW.

    Motorcycles were shown at exhibitions in Prague and Vienna. At the Riederberg hill races, the Justernitz rider took second place in a strong competition. By 1918, an estimated 60 motorcycles had been produced. After the war, in addition to motorcycles with a two-cylinder engine with a power of 3.7kW, also supplied auxiliary engines with a power of 1kW intended for installation in conventional bicycles. Ždárský company in times of weak interest in motorcycles earned a living repairing motor vehicles and selling fuel. This activity continued after cessation of motorcycle production, until 1944.


Sources: GTU Oldtimerservice, idnes.cz, motos-de-l-est.jlbweb.fr, web.archive.org, Tragatsch p248, Libor Marčík




If you have a query or information about Perun motorcycles please contact us