See also Martin Motorcycles
Harry Martin shared premises at 137 & 139, Cherry Orchard Road, Croydon, with his father who made sewing machines
1903 H. Martin and Son, 137 & 139, Cherry Orchard Road. Pianoforte and Domestic Machinery Depot.
1904-1906 Dealer in cars and motorcycles who made a few automobiles.
1905 Advertisement. Hall and Martin 12hp car with Aster two-cylinder engine.
1906 September. Makes attempt to take the six-hour record from F. W. Chase at the canning Town track but heavy rain forced a stop at five hours.
1907 Dispute. Harry Martin of 146 Kingsway, Whitehorse Road, Croydon. Claimed against Guiseppe Vedast of 139 Cherry Orchard Road, motor car dealer, over the sale of the business.
Produced motorcycles under the Martin brand from 1911 to 1915 and again from 1920 to 1921. The make was started by Harry Martin of Croydon, Surrey.
1913 Mrs E Martin was a musical instrument dealer at 137 & 139 Cherry Orchard Road.
1923 Harry Martin attempted to break records at the Southern Counties Cyclists' Union meeting at Herne Hill in a Morgan cycle car and a Martin motorcycle.
Source: Graces Guide
If you have further information or a query related to this page, please contact us