Morris motorcycles were produced from 1913 to 1922 by John Morris of Knowle, Worcestershire.
John Morris manufactured a 247cc two-stroke engine with CAV magneto, Amac carburettor and Best and Lloyd lubrication. It was fitted into conventional lightweight cycle parts with a choice of single speed, two-speed or three-speed chain-cum-belt drive. The engine was offered to other small assemblers, and although Triple H of Coventry adopted it, few responded with orders.
Source: Graces Guide
An Engine Unit.
An excellently-made two-stroke engine was to be seen at Messrs. Burts Motors, 245, Hammersmith Road. This is the M. and B., made by Messrs. John Morris, Mill Lane, Knowle, near Birmingham. The engine is the ordinary three-port pattern having a bore and stroke of 67x70 mm., and a c.c. of 246. The cylinder is very carefully bored so as to get even thickness of metal throughout, is then left to season for two months, and then ground. The piston is treated in very much the same way. The main shafts, of high quality steel, are hardened and ground, and run in bushes of large dimensions, composed of chilled cast phosphor bronze. Hoffmann roller bearings are employed in the big ends. The lubrication has been carefully thought out. Oil enters a single union and feeds through a port directly under the exhaust port to a groove round the piston with which it comes into line at the bottom of its stroke. Oil is then directed downward through internal oilways by a positive feed to the main bearings. The gudgeon pin is provided with oilways, and has a central groove cut in it, so that no matter what position the pin, oil has free access to the oilways.
The Motor Cycle, December 9th, 1920. Page 793
Note: John Morris and Sons of Salford produced commercial vehicles from 1912 to 1921.