Booth of Putney, London produced motorcycles 1901-03.
1903 Frank Hulbert rode a Booth in the ACU 1,000-mile trial. Also riding in that trial was S. Bramley Moore who took over the firm and, using the existing range, changed the name to Hulbert Bramley Motor Co. They then changed to using a 2¾ hp Minerva engine.
This lady is well known in Putney for her sporting proclivities, while her husband is celebrated in the skating world as the holder of the diamond badge for English figure skating. Both are now devoting a great deal of time to motor cycling. Mrs. Hulbert has ridden her motor bicycle some hundreds of miles without a breakdown of any description, and at the present time, when lady motor cyclists are distinctly rare, her appearance always creates quite a sensation. She is very fond of motorcaring, but regards the bicycle as a more sporting and even more enjoyable pastime. Her bicycle was built by the Booth Motor Co., of Putney, and special arrangements have been made for the suitable disposal of the petrol and oil tanks, coil. etc.
The Motor Cycle, April 8th, 1903
If you have further information or a query related to this page, please contact us