Triumph, BMW, & Kawasaki Sales Spares & Repairs.
Established for over 40 years and run by expert motorcyclists.
Fully authorised workshop.
KD was a motorcycle assembled between late 1907 and 1909 by Leo Ripault and Co of Poland Street, Oxford Street, London.
The device was a bicycle attachment that fitted within the main frame to drive the rear wheel by belt, tensioned by a jockey-pulley. It differed from the original in that it had front suspension which preceded the Earles variety by several decades.
Two engine sizes were available at either 1.5 h.p. or 2 h.p.
The make was listed for two years.
The firm manufactured Oleo spark plugs in 1902, and went on to produce all manner of electrical equipment for the automotive and aviation industries over the following decades. It was still active in 1963, with some 1300 employees.
Ripault was also involved in aviation (Petre monoplane, 1910).
See also K.D. by Keller-Dorian
The K.D. motor bicycle. This is a lightweight motor cycle attachment for attaching to ordinary bicycles. We illustrated the engine in our report of the Paris Show. The principal novelty in connection with the engine is the fitting of the valves one within the other, the inlet being concentric with the exhaust. Battery ignition is employed, and the total weight of machine is about 75 lbs.
If you have further information or a query related to this page, please contact us