Triumph, BMW, & Kawasaki Sales Spares & Repairs.
Established for over 40 years and run by expert motorcyclists.
Fully authorised workshop.
1902 Their two-wheelers had a bicycle-type frame, with a vertically-mounted own-built 1¾ hp or 2¼ hp engine on the right of the downtube. The drive belt to the rear wheel was on the left of the tube. The cylinder fins were loose washers, dropped over the plain diameter and held by the long studs that secured the head. The controls were all handlebar mounted and included a twisting-handle throttle, while the rear brake was an internal-expanding drum with cam operation.
1903 They advertised a 50-mile trial run for any would-be buyer.
1904 By now, the company had turned to the production of cars.
1903 Their first automobile was displayed at the Crystal Palace motor show. Weller Brothers planned to produce an advanced 20-hp car. However, Portwine, their financial backer, thought the car would be too expensive to produce and encouraged the Wellers to design and produce a little delivery 3 wheeler. Wellers did so, called it the Auto-Carrier, and a new company was founded, named Auto-Cars and Accessories.
Early that year Felix W. Hudlass joined the firm.
c.1908 the Weller Bros firm closed due to lack of capital and was bought by Douglas S. Cox of Thomas Place, West Norwood, who briefly produced the Osterfield car.
If you have further information or a query related to this page, please contact us