Italian Motorcycles

Rondine by Galletti Motorcycles

A Brief History of the Italian Marque
Manufactured by Alfonso Galletti, 1950s
Address: San Giovanni in Persiceto (Bo), Via A. Costa, later Via Cento, Bologna.

Founded in Persiceto around 1924, after the war he repaired bicycles in premises near Porta Garibaldi. Alfonso Galletti and his son Giorgio worked with him, producing telescopic front forks and swinging arm rear suspension. With these they equipped motorcycles and bicycles named Rondine, fitted mainly with Cucciolo 48 engines, and also using Mosquito 38 and 38B engines. From 1950 they produced around one hundred complete machines. With the competition from larger factories their output slowed considerably. They moved to Via Cento where they continued to produced a few rather special Galletti-Mosquito machines.

Notes.

1. There was also a Galletti scooter built by Vesting.
2. The name Rondine (English: Swallow) was used over the years by several Italian motorcycle companies - see Disambiguation

Source: Museo del Patrimonio Industriale, Bologna

If you have a query or information about these Italian motorcycles, please contact us