Triumph, BMW, & Kawasaki Sales Spares & Repairs.
Established for over 40 years and run by expert motorcyclists.
Fully authorised workshop.
Kenilworth were motorcycles produced from 1919 to 1924.
The first machine was built by Captain Smith-Clarke for his wife, and put into production firstly by Booth Brothers of Coventry, and then by Kenilworth Utility Motors of Much Park Street, also in Coventry.
A saddle was soon added, linked by a subframe to footboards and all sprung together for comfort.
1922 A clutch was incorporated.
1923 A handle starter was fitted, when the transmission changed to friction with variable ratios and a three-wheeled box carrier model was devised. By now production had moved to Much Park Street, and the machine had become the sporting Miniature motorcycle. The Norman engine was enlarged to 170cc, but the friction transmission remained.
1924 Although the Kenilworth had outlasted most of its competitors, production ended during that year.
Source: Graces Guide
If you have further information or a query related to this page, please contact us