Motalli Motorcycles and Tricars
The ACA firm - Alberto Carvalho and Araújo - was founded in 1928 as a bicycle workshop. Their first powered machines appeared in 1943 fitted with
engines from Nassetti
of Italy before acquiring the
concern in 1952 and producing their own two-stroke engines. In 1962 they began building Minarelli engines under licence, branded Alma and later used Zundapp engines built by Famel. In the 1980s they produced microcars. Motali ceased trading in 2001.
Models included an Invacar 50cc tricycle, the Pop minibike, a number of commercial tricars, and the Monsanto 50cc motorcycle,
Sources: Motos de Portugal, et al