A Brief History of the Marque
Manufactured at 74, rue du Commerce, Paris, by Charles Gérald
Also advertised as Gerald
In the early 1920s, Charles Gérald was a well-known agent for Koehler-Escoffier in Paris. In 1924 he launched a motorcycle under his own name, the Charles Gerald, a machine which differed little from many other lightweight two-strokes on the market.
Engines utilised included the 125cc two-stroke L.P.L. (b/s 52mm x 58mm) with a Longuemare carburettor. It has a 5 litre fuel tank and takes a 10% mixture of oil and petrol - a very high amount by current standards but common for the time. It is a single-speed machine with direct drive from the crankshaft pulley to the rear wheel.
Sources: zhumoriste.over-blog.com, Cyclememory.org, sales literature.
Triumph, BMW, & Kawasaki Sales Spares & Repairs.
Established for over 40 years and run by expert motorcyclists.
Fully authorised workshop.