A Brief History of the Marque
A motorcycle factory founded in Alessandria (between Milan and Genoa) by champion cyclist Costante Girardengo and his sons Luciano and Ettore in 1951. The firm built light motorcycles with 125 and 175cc two-stroke engines until 1954.
Motorcycling was really a sideline for this man. He was no ordinary champion - he is considered one of the finest riders of all time, having won 9 consecutive Italian championships and ranked number one in the world five times between 1919 and 1926.
Giradengo motoleggera employed Sterzi engines.
Sources: MC Storico Conti, Henshaw and others.