Fritz Moser, St Aubin, Switzerland - S.T.A.S.
Having trained in the art of watchmaking Fritz Moser found employment in St Aubin with Zedel in 1899. In 1903 he began his own firm, producing his first machine, a SV V-twin, in 1905. These engines became very popular due to their good performance and excellent economy, winning a number of world records not least of which was an amazing run on a Moser-powered 125cc Dollar which achieved a top speed of over 103 km/h.
Their 123cc and 173cc OHV engines were quite popular in Italy and machines equipped with these won many races in the 1920s.
In the 30's they delivered 500cc and 600cc OHV singles in racing or touring trim.
In addition to building motorcycles of 125cc to 600cc capacity, Moser also supplied engines to a variety of other manufacturers including:
Bonzi & Marchi
The company was absorbed by Allegro in 1932 and production ceased in 1935.
Sources: moto-collection.org, et al.
If you have a query or information about Moser motorcycles please contact us