Acme of Coventry built motorcycles from 1902 to 1922.
1902 Acme began production from their location in Coventry. The
first machines had Minerva engines
followed by the 2.75hp Auto-motor. They then built a 3hp Acme model
themselves. A 4.5hp Auto-motor was also listed for trailer use.
1904 Acme were making the Auto-motor engine themselves.
1908 Two Acme machines were entered in the Island TT, but both retired.
They did not enter the TT again.
1918 They used JAP
units and their own side-valve 348cc singles and 997cc V-twins.
1920 A model was manufactured using a 976cc V-twin engine. The three-speed
gearbox was chain driven.
1921 A 2.75hp single joined the twin. It had two speeds and a chain-and-belt drive. The two machines were very similar to those produced at the Rex factory at nearby Earlsdon.
1922 The two companies amalgamated to form Rex-Acme.