Featured Pages The Rocket Man The genius of Archie LowMoto Rumi An Italian Masterpiece
Moto RumiA Bastard Act Panda, Italy's first trials machine
F.W. Allard built vehicles between 1897 to 1902.
The company was based in Coventry and originally produced tubing and bicycles.
1897 The firm first considered a move towards powered machines.
1898 Allard exhibited a motorised tricycle at the Olympia Show.
1899 They produced a car and a De
Dion style tricycle fitted with their own 2.25hp engine.
1901 A motorcycle was produced that was built entirely at their own works.
The 1.75hp engine was mounted in an aluminium cradle fixed to the frame
tubes. The machine was offered in kit form to the trade. Soon the engine
was enlarged to 2.hp.
1902 The inclined engine was replaced by a vertical one. During that year the Allard company was acquired by Rex
and afterwards marketed by that name.
Note: There was an Allard Motor Co producing cars from 1936.
Allard Clipper In the early 50s a strange little microcar was built. It was probably unrelated.