The workshop address is given as Sandyford Lane, circa 1923.
1906 Advancements were made and soon all-chain drive was in use, with a Dene two-speed counter-shaft gear working on the elliptical principle and with a clutch.
1908 A two-speed hub gear was patented.
1910 The machines had become typical of the era and were now fitted with Precision engines, belt drive and sprung forks. There was a gradual move from a three-speed rear hub to a two-speed gearbox. Singles and V-twins were built.
1914 A two-stroke was produced.
1915 There was some production that year but the war that would be over by Christmas wasn't, and manufacture came to a halt.
1921 Advertised a large range of parts for BSA, Triumph, Douglas and others, but no mention of their own motorcycles in the catalogue. Address given was Handyside's Arcade, Percy Street, Newcastle-upon-Tyne.
1924 During that year production came to an end.
Notes: There is an excellent article on the marque in the magazine Old Glory Steam and Vintage, March 2014. A beautifully restored Dene is on display at the Beamish Museum.
If you have further information or a query related to this page, please contact us
Triumph, BMW, & Kawasaki Sales Spares & Repairs.
Established for over 40 years and run by expert motorcyclists.
Fully authorised workshop.