R and P were motorcycles produced from 1902 to 1906. This company built primitives using 346cc 2¼ hp and 2¾ hp engines mounted vertically in the frame. The machines were well made and, like the Bradbury, the crankcase was cast around the main frame tubes under Birch patents.
Report from the Stanley Show 1902
Wipe contact, with trembler on coil, is fitted. The first touch on the front wheel brake lever cuts off the current, further pressure putting on the brake. The throttle lever is on the handlebar, also the exhaust valve lift. The front forks, crown and steering tube are substantial; the steering head turns on 3/8in. balls. V belt is used, the pulley being spoked into the rear rim with short spokes and nipples. The belt can be adjusted by draw-bolts at the back fork ends, and the chain by means of an eccentric in the bottom bracket.
Sources: Graces Guide, Motor Cycling, 26th November 1902
If you have further information or a query related to this page, please contact us