These were motorcycles produced from 1950 to 1960 by EMI at Hayes in Middlesex.
1952 Capacity was increased to 32cc.
1952 Appeared in motorcycle magazine advertising.
1953 A complete machine was offered along with another version called the Roundsman, built as a delivery bicycle with a large carrier hung over a small front wheel.
1954 Appeared in motorcycle magazine advertising.
1956 The firm introduced the Piatti scooter, with a 124cc two-stroke engine and three speeds. It was built as a unit with the rear wheel, with the whole assembly pivoted to provide the rear suspension. The pressed-steel frame was shaped in an inverted bath form to completely conceal the works. Maintenance was simple - the machine was turned on its side.
1958 Although it was, by now, dated, the original engine unit continued to be sold until that year. The Piatti, small and low, had gradually lost favour and was no longer listed after that year.
1960 This was the last year of production for the Cyclemate.
If you have further information or a query related to this page, please contact us