New Era motorcycles were produced between 1908 and 1911, by the New Era Motor Co of Lonsdale Road, West Kilburn, London. They also had an address in Earlsdon, Coventry. After the first war the firm was re-established in Liverpool.
1911 Another model, called the Cyclonette appeared late that year. It was fitted with a vertical-twin engine and the exhaust-valve caps had extended radiators attached to them.
The New Era firm moved to Liverpool in the early 1920s.
New Era motorcycles were produced from 1920 to 1922 by the New Era Motor Co , now based in Liverpool.
The company first listed a 318cc two-stroke with an Albion two-speed gearbox and chain-cum-belt drive. In came in two forms - with or without clutch. They also listed a 499cc four-stroke with either a fixed-belt drive or with a three-speed Burman gearbox and chain-cum-belt drive.
Production continued for a couple of years and ceased in 1922.
Wheatcroft motorcycles were produced in 1924 by the New Era firm. Arthur E. Lynes appears to be the owner Wheatcroft and both versions of New Era.
The venture was very short lived.
N.B. A firm appeared in the United States in 1912 as the New Era Auto Cycle Co.
Source: Graces Guide
If you have further information or a query related to this page, please contact us