A Brief History of the Marque
- 1919 architect K.Bubla establishes in Plzen armature factory with place in Strakonicích under name Jihoceská zbrojovka s. r. o.
- 1920 manufacture begins in Plzen with 30 employees.
- 1919 in September started works on building facility in Strakonice
- 1920 entrance of partners, capital 1 200 000 K
- 1923 establishment of company Ceská Zbrojovka in Prague
- 1929 Began manufacturing chains
- 1930 Registration protection mark CZ
- 1932 Creation of first motorised bicycle
- 1933 First series of moto-bicycles CZ 98
- 1934 Starting serially production of motorbikes (CZ 175)
- 1936 Extension of production with CZ 350
- 1939 Ceased production of motorcycles, began production of armaments
- 1945 In July the Central Association of Industry proposes division of spheres of influence in the production of motorcycles
- 1946 Extension manufactuing of chains
- 1948 22.2.1948 –Congress Works Councils decision on the nationalization of all businesses with more than 50 employees
- 1949 Production racing machines
- 1954 End production of weapons, production was transferred to Brno and Hungary Brod
- 1955 Vzniká CZM n.p.
- 1958 Jawa-CZ 175/356-Smontován miliontý motorcycle
- 1959 Return to the CZ brand motorcycle market
- 1968 Introducing the new type series 476 and 477 on the 50th anniversary of the founding of the company
- 1992 January 1st, established subsidiary CZ Cagiva
- 1997 Termination of motorcycle production. Chain production continues.
CZ Timeline courtesy Sverma at vojjtaimgcentrum.cz
If you have a query about CZ motorcycles or can help with information about these classic Czech machines, please contact us