Triumph, BMW, & Kawasaki Sales Spares & Repairs.
Established for over 40 years and run by expert motorcyclists.
Fully authorised workshop.
A Brief History of the Marque
Manufactured motorcycles from 1926 to 1933
Franz Fletscher established Württembergia AG, initially located at Lützowstrasse No. 84 Berlin, and from 1928 at Velten.
Bicycle production began in 1925, and motorcycles appeared in 1926. These were Cambra machines of 2½, 3 and 5½ h.p. which were presented with Württembergia tank logos and wooden footboards replacing the aluminium Cambra-branded parts.
Cambra succumbed to the financial crisis in 1926, and a new supplier was found in Phantom, from whom they obtained machines of 300, 350 and 500cc powered by JAP engines. To these they added a two-stroke from Baier of Berlin.
In 1927 the firm moved to larger premises in Velten and the range extended to sports motorcycles using 175cc to 600cc Blackburne engines, and Sturmey-Archer, Burman and later Hurth gearboxes.
Factory advertising announcing the TT Modelle 30 listed six types; 200cc SV, 350cc OHV, 500cc SV and 600cc SV in a Doppelrohr-rahmen (double tube) frame. The frames bore a strong resemblance to those of Excelsior of Brandenburg.
By this stage Württembergia was building their own machines, using components from various suppliers - the mudguards were similar to those of the BMW, the forks came from KLM of Köln, the wheels from Pränafa.
Tragedy struck when Franz Fletscher died in an industrial accident in 1930. His widow sold the Velten works to a senior staff member, a Jewish gentleman, who in 1931 relocated the plant to Berlin-Borsigwalde. Motorcycle production ended in 1933 when the National Socialists seized power and expropriated, it is assumed, the Württembergia factory.
Sixty survivors are listed on the Württembergia register, as of 2017.
Sources: GTU Oldtimerservice; windmillrally.eu; motoclub.de.
If you have a query or information about these German motorcycles please contact us