The Green Engine Co of London
The Green Engine Co was founded by Gustavus Green in London to produce engines of his design during the first decade of the 20th century. Actual manufacturing was carried out at the Aster Engineering Co in Wembley. The firm produced a range of water-cooled, in-line engines up to about 1915. Green engines powered many pioneering British aircraft, including those by Alliott Verdon Roe of Avro, and the Short Brothers
Made smaller engines for motorcycles 1n 1910s
1910 Cycle and Motorcycle Exhibition
Green's Motor Patents Syndicate, Ltd.
55 Berners Street, London, W. Stand No. 94.
It is several years since the Green Motor was introduced to the Shows, but it has not been idle meanwhile, as witness the aviation exploits accomplished with it. Watercooling is the Green watchword. The cylinders have copper water jackets and overhead valves. Two small honeycomb radiators are arranged, one on each side, and the water circulates naturally through these and the reservoir in the tank. The tank as a whole is made to serve as a member of the frame in place of the usual top tubes: a capital idea. Both valves are mechanically operated, and their seatings are detachable - as they ought to be. The Syndicate invite agents to communicate with them, and we understand the terms offered are very favourable.
If you have a query about about Green engines or have some information to share please contact us