Idi Orsi of Maserati purchased Italmoto of Bologna in 1953, and began motorcycle manufacture in Modena under the Maserati banner. The first machine to bear the famed Trident badge was the 160cc Italmoto T4 160cc, a four-stroke 158cc single developing 7.5 bhp with a 4-speed transmission and teledraulic suspension. It weighed 110kg dry and had a top speed of around 100 km/h.
This model was built from 1954 to 1958.
Engine: Single cylinder four-stroke OHV
Bore & stroke: 60 x 56 mm
Compression ratio: 6.5:1
Engine Capacity: 158cc
Maximum power: 7.5 h.p. @ 6,000 rpm
Valves per cylinder: 2
Spark plug: Maserati FM240
Carburettor: Dell'Orto 18mm
Lubrication: Wet sump forced circulation with mechanical gear pump
Transmission: Gear primary, chain final
Clutch: Cable operated with multiple wet disc in oil bath
Gearbox: 4-Speed foot-change
Throttle: Cable operated
Frame type: Tubular and pressed steel
Front Suspension: Telescopic fork and shock absorbers
Rear Suspension: Swingarm with hydraulic shock absorbers
Front Brake: Drum
Rear Brake: Drum
Wheelbase: 1,422.5 mm
Front Tyre: 2.75 x 19 in.
Rear Tyre: 2.75 x 19 in.
Seat: Dual seat
Fuel consumption: 2.5 litres per 100km
Top speed: 100-105 km/h (64-65 mph)
Weight: 110 Kg (242 lb)
Source: Hessink's NL
If you have information to add about these classic Italian machines, please contact us