Mini-Motor were motorcycles produced in Croydon, Surrey, from 1949
1949 The motor first appeared and was a clip-on of Italian origin. The
engine sat above the rear wheel of a bicycle, to drive it by friction roller.
It was a basic, 50cc two-stroke engine with a horizontal cylinder, Wipac
flywheel magneto for ignition and the drive roller mounted on one end of
the crankshaft. The petroil tank sat over the engine, there was a means
of lifting it to disconnect and re-engage the drive, and it was also powerful
enough to propel a tandem nearly as well as a bicycle.
1955 The moped began to dominate the cheaper end of the market and production
of the Mini-Motor ceased.
Source: Graces Guide