Beaumont of Leeds produced motorcycles from 1920 to 1922, and again from 1945 to 1947.
The company was run by Monty Beaumont and his brothers.
1920 The first machines were produced, all with two-speed gearboxes, fitted
with 269cc Wall two-stroke and
348cc sv Blackburne engines.
More importantly, they built a prototype using a Redrup
three-cylinder radial engine. Monty Beaumont became so obsessed
by the concept that he produced paper designs for motorcycles with this
1922 The list included a 348cc two-stroke and 399cc four-stroke machine,
but it was their last year.
1945-1947 After a gap of many years, promotional leaflets and other advertising
publicized a new range of Beaumont motorcycles. These had telescopic
forks and a twin-engine set across a rigid frame. Beaumont became
involved with the design of the Kendall People's Car, but the few
built had French Grégoire flat-twin engines. There was a shady
side to Beaumont's life and at one point he was imprisoned for false