Featured Pages The Rocket Man The genius of Archie LowMoto Rumi An Italian Masterpiece
Moto RumiA Bastard Act Panda, Italy's first trials machine
British Radial Engine Co
The British Radial Engine Company of Lacland Place, London, SW10 produced motorcycles from 1921 to 1922.
1921 The company acquired the rights of production for the 396cc 2¾ hp
three-cylinder radial engine, designed by J. E. Manes and built by C.
B. Redrup. Soon they were able to assemble complete and marketable
machines. These had in-line mounted, 309cc engines with valves placed either
side of cylinders that were spaced 120 degrees apart, and a two-speed Sturmey-Archer
gearbox with chain-cum-belt transmission. Frame and forks came from Chater-Lea,
carburettor from Senspray
and magneto from Runbaken.
In all but the engine configuration, the machine was conventional. The
engine was also available for stationary applications.
1922 Specifications included a Vici carburettor. That year was to see the
end of British Radial.