Albert Eadie first formed the Enfield name in 1893, to produce sewing needles, bicycles and rifle parts.
In 1898 Albert Eadie adapted a quadricycle design by Royal Enfield to create a motorised tricycle powered by a 2¼ hp De Dion engine. Also used Minerva and MMC engines. It proved to be popular but then slipped from sight as Royal Enfield progressed.
Frank Baker worked with Eadie before founding his own business.
Report from the 1902 Stanley Show
The Eadie Manufacturing Co., Redditch.
The Eadie fittings which have made such a name in cycle construction are well employed for making up a smart motorcycle. Only the frame parts, hubs, etc., are supplied, and they are adapted for use with the current makes of motors from 1.5 h.p. to 2.5 h.p. The front forks compel one's admiration for their sturdy and effective design. A very large D section tube tapers to a round section as the curve begins, and the fork is strengthened by taper tubes from the fork crown to top of head. The rear carriage is equally well designed, and the hubs, although obviously strong, are not unduly large or wide.
Motor Cycling, 26th November 1902
Sources: Graces Guide, Motor Cycling magazine