Phillips mopeds were produced from 1954 to 1964 in Smethwick, Birmingham.
1954 Having previously been in the cycle business, the company entered the powered market late that year with a complete machine derived from a bicycle. It had a 49cc two-stroke engine mounted above the bottom bracket, chain-driven rear wheel, the petroil tank on the top tube and braced forks. It was listed for the following three years.
1956 The Gadabout moped appeared, with a 49cc Rex engine, two speeds, spine frame and telescopic forks.
1959 Added to the range was a Panda, a three-speed Gadabout and another with a 50cc Villiers engine.
1960 A Panda Plus was added.
1962 The range was cut back to the Gadabout with either a Rex or a Villiers engine, but later in the year two new models appeared. These were based on Raleigh mopeds and made under licence from Motobecane of France.
1964 After producing the marque for two years, the owners, Raleigh, dropped the name.
Source: Graces Guide