Manufacturer: Etablissements B.C.R.
2 rue Etienne-Dolet
Raynal et Berteletto (1923)
Raynal's motorcycles were among the first to use rear suspension. He was also manufacturer of Poinard* machines. Many models had 98cc or 174cc two stroke engines, others were fitted with sv and ohv JAP engines of 248cc, 348cc and 498cc.
Bashir and Collin built BC engines of 100 to 350cc capacity in the 1920s before being joined by Raynal to form BCR.
Their workshops in Le Kremlin-Bicêtre, Seine produced motorcycles with sprung frames from 1923. These used the BC engines, along with those of JAP (250 to 500cc, SV & OHV) and Chaise. The BCR firm was acquired by Poinard in 1929, and it appears that M. Raynal was still associated with that firm into the 1950s.
See also BCR
1923 250cc & 350cc models, with Belgian Victory swinging arm rear suspension powered by Bashir and Collin engines.
1925 - 125cc, 250cc & 350cc models. The 250 is a single-speed belt drive machine.
1926 - Belt drive models with JAP fourstrokes and Bashir and Collin two-stroke engines.
1927 - Models fitted with rear suspension of a different design and manufacture.
1929 - BCR was taken over by the sidecar manufacturer Poinard. There is no further mention of the marque after 1930.
Sources: Tragatsch, JLB Web, OTTW
Notes* Some doubt about this. Tragatsch may mean that Poinard built BCR machines briefly after purchasing the company after the stock market crash of 1929.
zhumoriste.over-blog.com writes of this marque in an article dated 22 February 2013
There was a British marque named Raynal. There appears to be no relationship.