A Brief History of the Marque
Manufactured by Eichler & Co., Motorradwerk. Berlin, 1920-1926
Under a number of variations on the company name they built FiFi and Eibach, along with motorcycles branded Eichler. They were also involved with the magnificent Per.
Eichler & Co. were among the largest manufacturers of light motorcycles in Germany in the first half of the 1920s. The red 119-173 cc machines were equipped with DKW engines and the 129-149 cc versions used Bekamo. 1925 was the last year of production for the Eichler. Two of the other brands survived into 1926.
The Gaggenau motorcycle produced by Eichler & Co. 1925-1926 was identical to the EGA built by Eisenwerke Gaggenau AG in Gaggenau. Shortly before that company ceased production Eichler had acquired stock in Munich and released the 350cc single-cylinder two-stroke model under the name Gaggenau. Production lasted for only one year.
Lomos & Golem
The firm also built the Golem and later the Lomos for DKW.
If you have a query or information about Eichler machines, please contact us