Also traded as Coventry Motor Cycle Co.
Coventry B and S were motorcycles produced in 1923 by Coventry Bicycles of Wellington Street, Coventry.
The initials B and S signified the fitting of Barr and Stroud engines. These were 349cc sleeve-valve singles, driving through a three-speed Burman gearbox and chain to the rear wheel. They also produced at least one machine with the so-called Octopus B and S engine, with two inlet and four exhaust stubs. This was an attempt to improve breathing and exhausting.
The parent company did continue into 1924, by
which time the models were badged with the Coventry B and D transfer.
Three Spires was a motorcycle produced between 1931 and 1932, by Coventry Bicycles.
Wee MacGregor were motorcycles produced from 1922 to 1924, by the Coventry Motor Cycle Co. It was a sub-marque of Coventry Bicycles, builders of the Coventry B and D.
The first examples had 170cc two-stroke Hobart engines and either plain two-speed or two-speed with clutch, kick-start transmissions and belt final-drive.
Later, the engine capacity was increased to 205cc and an open-framed
ladies' model could be obtained.
Sources: Graces Guide
If you have further information or a query related to this page, please contact us