Featured Pages Ariba Ariba Supercharged 500cc DOHC Watercooled Four, 1928
Riva FourThree at a Squeeze Strange scooter/motorcycle contraption
Atlanta DuoDestined for Legend Road Tests of New Models
Dalesman were motorcycles produced from 1968 to 1974 by Peter Edmondson
at Otley, Yorkshire.
1968 The company was formed to build off-road competition machines fitted
with the Austrian made 125cc Puch
engine. Using many common parts, machines were made for enduros, scrambles
and trials. The engine had a four-speed gearbox in-unit in a duplex frame.
forks soon replaced the Puch
ones. The make was successful for the next few years.
In 1969 they began supplied machines to Joël Robert at JRD in Belgium.
1971 Their US importer invested in the company, which resulted in a virtual
takeover and Bill Brooker from Greeves
joined the firm.
1974 Was the last year for the Dalesman marque, which was closely associated with Wassell.