Ascot Pullin 1929 500cc OHV
This machine featured an advanced pressed steel monocoque chassis (patented in 1920 for a 2-stroke design that never eventuated) that fully enclosed the 500cc horizontal OHV single.
It was the first motorcycle to use hydraulic brakes and even had a telescoping centre stand that could be extended for easy wheel removal. Of the 4 to 5 hundred of this model produced in the two years before the company folded in 1929, only some 7 are believed to still exist.
Text and photo courtesy Phil Aynsley
Photographed at The Sammy Miller Museum