Founded in 1900 by Claude Meunier at 38 Rue Balay in Saint Etienne. From c.1927 to 1930 they built 175cc two-stroke motorcycles.
In the 1950s their address was 34 Bis Jules Janin, Saint-Etienne where the firm built bicycles and a variety of mopeds using Mistral, ABG VAP, Lavalette, Comet and Himo engines, some of 98 and 110cc but the great majority of 48cc. In 1955/56 they offered six cyclomoteurs under the name Aquilette.
Aquila was bought by Ballis in 1953 and the address became that of the Ballis offices at 3 Rue Palissy. Ballis continued to market the Aquila motorcycles until 1962, the last model being the 48cc Alpino SS.
Sources: encycloduvelo.fr, Motos dans la Loirecontact us