W. Montgomery and Co of Bury St Edmunds and then of Coventry produced motorcycles from 1905 to 1940.
1910 Stanley Show Report
Montgomery and Co.
45 Queen's Road, Coventry. Stand No. 47.
This firm, which was the first to introduce the flexible side-car; have no fewer than six different models for next season, each varying in price, from £8 to £14 10s. For some seasons past the "Montgomery" system of attachment has been well-known, and it has proved a great success. Now its new patent system of springing, designed to absorb all shocks likely to reach the passenger, will demand attention, whilst the special attachments which give facilities for perfect alignment is a great point. A further feature is the adjustable wheel, which permits the side wheel to run perfectly parallel with the driving wheel of the machine. The result is naturally for more easy steering. Agents for motor-bicycles of sufficient horse power for side-cars will do well to communicate with the Montgomery Co.
Source: Graces Guide
If you have further information or a query related to this page, please contact us