Arno Motor Co
were built in Coventry from 1906 to 1915.
1906 Arno began production of motor vehicles.
1908 Long, low singles models were exhibited at the Stanley show. These
had their own 3hp or 3½ hp engines, a rear-mounted chain-driven Bosch
magneto and a carburettor by either Amac
or B and B.
1912 Listed in Spennell's at Gosford St (Tel. 339), Coventry.
1912 Those two models were joined by a 2¼ hp lightweight and a 3½ hp TT
version - a basic direct-belt driven machine.
1914 The marque took the name Red
Arno after the TT model was given a red finish. Both 3½ hp and and
4½ hp were available for a couple of years.
1915 There were no further listings after that year.
Motorcycle Museum exhibits:-
Arno manufactured an automobile in Coventry only in 1908; the car, which featured a 25 hp White
and Poppe engine and shaft drive, was introduced at that year's Stanley Show.
If you have a query about about Arno or have some information to add, please contact us