British

Reynolds Motorcycles

These were produced by Albert E. Reynolds of Liverpool from 1931 to 1934.

1931 Albert Reynolds was a Scott dealer who produced parts for the marque, and that year the factory began supplying him with models to his own specification.[1] To begin with they were known as Aero Specials, from his initials. Engines of both 497cc and 598cc were listed along with Brampton forks, Velocette-type foot-change and twin headlamps.

1932 By now the machines were known as Reynolds Specials.

1933 Only the larger engine was listed.

1934 That model was joined by another with a 249cc Villiers water-cooled engine. Scott was now in decline so Albert Reynolds turned his attention elsewhere.

He returned to the fray just a few years later with the AER.


  • Note: According to one account, Reynolds bought stock from the official receiver in 1931, thus helping to stave off Scott's demise.


Sources: Graces Guide, classicbikehub.uk



If you have further information or a query related to this page, please contact us